Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

Introduction to Jottings, Essays and Reflections ~ The View From Here

When I was 19, I went on an Interim class (a January class at Calvin College) where my dream of writing for publication began.  

Between then and now, several dreams have come to fruition: In 2003, I graduated with a BA in English (Honours) and became a Canadian citizen.  I became an Orthodox Christian in 2004 and gained a wonderful godmother and extended church family, going to my first monastery a week after I was chrismated.   In 2005 I moved to Ottawa, Canada. In 2006 I graduated with a Masters in Library and Information Science.  I lived in Ottawa as a professional librarian with various jobs that I loved deeply.  In 2011 I baptised my first godson.   In 2012 I married my best friend, a kind and smart computer scientist and then Reader in the Orthodox Church.  In 2012 I also moved near to NYC to begin my married life with my Husband.  Also, in 2012, my marriage meant that I became an Aunt to many Nieces and Nephews.  In 2013 I learned to knit. In 2014 my Husband and I welcomed and baptised our first goddaughter.  In 2015 I learned the fundamentals of sewing and quilting.  In 2016, we will baptise our second (shared) godchild, a godson who is still an infant.  

And now, 20 years later, I am continuing my dream of writing by writing for Conciliar Post and within this
by this blog. My first essay is titled Perspective, Choices and What a Picture From 1904 Taught Me, found here on Conciliar Post and here, on this new very blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated here! Elizabeth will reply to them as time permits.